When you use the Direct Connection the Temporary tables will not be dropped. Please follow the guide below to fix this.
Warning! Before applying this hotfix it is mandatory to upgrade to the latest version. This is for own risk, please follow our guidelines.
- Database Administrator modify rights on the ETL_Data (or the name chosen during install) database. This database can be recognized by the tables with a '_1$.' name prefix.
-MS SQL Enterprise Manager access
Research in the need to apply the fix:
Open a connection to SQL Database and take and look if there are any Temp Tables named like the following:
The Temp Tables are in the ETL_Data Database.
If there's a large list of temporary tables (which can be recognized by the short notation and by: dbo._<number>$T<number>) then this issue occurs and the hotfix needs to be apllied.
Apply the hotfix
1. Download the HotFix
2. Stop all Data Manager scheduled tasks (Wait until all tasks are finished before disabling/ending them)
3. Stop all s4m services. We recommend to use the following tool:
4. Make sure you have a valid and working backup
Place the HotFix in the following Directory’s
Overwrite the existing file
5. The hotfix package includes a SQL script which will cleanup the already created temporary tables. We advice strongly to run this script first before starting Data Manager again.
6. Start the s4m services again.
7. Enable the scheduled tasks and check if the Temporary tables are not appearing again.
Use the following link to download the HotFix: HotFix Temporary Tables