The SCOM MC is used to create an outbound connector to get information from SCOM to external systems.
The inbound connector part is used to get information from external systems in SCOM.
The use of this tool is at users own risk. The user understands that Scope4mation is not responsible nor liable for any damages, unexpected results, costs or any other effect that might occur as a result of using this tool.
1. Go the the Directory where the SCOMMC.exe is located.
2. Shift right click to and select open command window here.
3. Make sure you filled in the config file!
4. Now you need to tell the MC what is should do. You can choose the following:
Start listening for issues (runs localhost only)
Install the outbound connector in SCOM
Removes the SCOMMC from SCOM
|SCOMMC.exe -OutBound -Run|
1.1 –UpdateAlert “GUID of the issue” “TICKETID of the external ticket”
Explanation = Updates the issue with the ticketID of the external system
|SCOMMC.exe -Inbound -UpdateAlert "12" "30"|
5. Fill in the parameter in the command line and press ENTER
6. Now the MC should run.
Hostname of the DB server
The SQL user credentials
The SQL password
The name of the output table
The amount of times the MC tries to write the output to the output table
|3 (The MC will try to write 3 times if this fails the MC will stop)|
The state the issue gets when the MC has processed it
The message the MC adds to the issue when it has been processed
|This issue is processed!|
True or False; When True, it will use the logging server. More info can be found here.
The most common error message is the following:
1. No valid License found: The License should be located in the directory where the .exe of the MC is located.
If this did not fix the problem: Contact support.
You can read more about the logging settings here.