Since version 2.4.1622.3 you can find the "Repeat_on_SyllabusProgID" on the ICM Action workflow item.
What does it do?You can have multiple images registered in Syllabus Plus. With earlier versions of Data Manager, you needed to create identical solutions for the multiple images. The ProgID being the only difference in those solutions. The repeater is created to solve just this. Just create 1 solution, specify for which images the solution needs to be repeated and execute the imports and consolidations where needed within ESB.
How does it work?Create a loop in an ESB workflow (You could build something as seen in Figure 5 or have 1 element that links from and back to the repeater.). When the item sees that there is another ProgID that needs to be handled, it will return Exit Code 0 and will redo the workflow from the repeater item on out with the new ProgID that is configured. When all configured ProgIDs are triggered, the repeater item will return Exit Code 1.
Example solutionWe have three registered images in Syllabus Plus. The names of these images are: SplusS4MTemp1, SplusS4MTemp2 and SplusS4MTemp3. Lets say we want to insert the names and descriptions of the activities into a database via a consolidation. We assume that you already know how to configure a Syllabus Plus connector and that the target table already exists. If you don't know how to configure the connector, please take a look at this page. Also a bit of knowledge about performing consolidations with ETL+ is required.
- Create a new solution and give it an appropriate name
- Create a diagram call it something like "Source" and make sure the Syllabus connector that you have defined is selected
- Go inside of that diagram and select the Activity table, since we want to consolidate the name and description of all activities
- Do an Import and View Last to check if data is coming through
- Create a new diagram, call it "Target" and choose the database from the connectors where you have created the target table
- Insert the target table and select all columns and perform an import and view last
- Insert an MSSQL Consolidation block and go inside it
- Click on the Mappings icon
- Set the Source column dropdown to the Source diagram
- Set the Target column dropdown to the Target diagram
- Click on the "Auto mappings" button
- Check the 'key' checkbox on the record that is unique.
- Close the mappings window
- Perform an Import and compare and see if records appear in the Insert Items tab
- Create a new workflow and name it something appropriate
- Start with the usuals, add a source and a trigger item
- Then add an ICM Action item and set the Service to "Repeat_on_Syllabus_ProgID"
- Set the Agent property to ICM_Default
- Set the DataSource property to the Syllabus Connector that you have used in ETL+
SplusS4MTemp1;SplusS4MTemp2;SplusS4MTemp3The example above will repeat 3 times, once for every image that is defined.
*Note In this Example it will use SplusTemp3 as default after the run in ETL+. If you want to user an other one you need to run the Repeat_on-SyllabusProgID Again. And link this to the SplusTemp you want to use as default. See picture 6(at the end of this article) for this option.
- Drag another ICM Action into the canvas
- Set the service to "Service_ImportTask"
- Select the solution you have created
- Select the Source Diagram
- Place another ICM_Action on the canvas with the right Solution and MSSQLConsolidation selected
- Check "Import inventory data" and "Insert Items"
- Add a OIP_Action
- Set the Service property to Delay
- Set the Agent property to OIP_Default
- Set the Delay property to
Figure 5Linking workflow items can be done by going to the ribbon menu, click on Links, and drag and drop from one workflow item to the other. You can set the exit codes by clicking on the arrows and change the Code property. We're all set! Click on the Source workflow item and start the workflow (Workflow tab in Ribbon Menu >> Run). You'll see that the Import Task and Consolidation are executed 3 times and the fourth time it comes back to the repeater workflow item, it will move on to the OIP_Action that we defined. When we look at the test table that we created, 3 records are added. Every name and description of the images are added.