When you use our mini connectors, you have options when it comes to logging:
- Logging to a text file
- Using the Data Manager Logging Server
You can set this in the configuration file using the UseLogServer key. False will use the log file, which is placed next to the executable. True will use the logging server.
Using the log server
There are several things to keep in mind when you want to use the logging server.
- A trace agent needs to be running on the machine where the mini connector is residing. Otherwise, the logging will not work.
- The TraceMatrix needs to be updated!
- We created a command line interface tool that regenerates the TraceMatrix file. Below you can find instructions on how to use it.
How to use GenerateMatrix.exe
This tool is created to be able to scan for mini connectors and automatically add the tracepoints that are found to the TraceMatrix. Important to know when you use this tool:
- You need to have the mini connectors in the S4M_DM directory. Another directory won't work. We recommend creating a Mini Connector folder in the Tools directory and place the mini connectors in there.
- Make sure there are no duplicates of mini connectors! You can have multiple mini connectors (E.g. ExchangeMC and ExchangeTrigger), but not two of the same connector. The GenerateMatrix tool scans through the given directory and scans all files for so-called tracepoints. If duplicates of mini connectors exist, duplicate entries will be added to the TraceMatrix which could result in unexpected logging behavior.
The tool has one parameter: The location it needs to scan. An example execution would be:
This recursively scans the S4M_DM directory on the C drive for tracepoints. TraceMatrix.csv will be overwritten with al found tracepoints.