The "Could not start SignalR!" issue is an error which shows up when the connection between the ESB and DMP is not configured correctly.
To troubleshoot this issue, you might have to make modifications to the following configuration files:
- S4M.DMPortal.exe.config (found in ...\S4M_DM\DMP\Bin\)
- S4M.Host.exe.config (found in ...\S4M_DM\DMESB\Bin\Server\)
The error will occur when there is an inconsistency in the installed Data Manager environment, and the network environment. The issue can be fixed as followed:
- Verify if the DMP Portal needs to run on hostname level (http://HOSTNAME:PORT) or FQDN level (http://HOSTNAME.DOMAIN.TLD:PORT)
- Verify if the config files are configured based on the hostname level or FQDN level.
- First check the S4M.DMPortal.exe.config file (mentioned above). On line 4 you will have to edit the BaseAddress value from "http://HOSTNAME:PORT/" to "http://HOSTNAME.DOMAIN.TLD:PORT/" or vice versa.
- Check the S4M.Host.exe.config file (mentioned above). On line 13 you will have to edit the DMBaseAddress value from "http://HOSTNAME:PORT/" to "http://HOSTNAME.DOMAIN.TLD:PORT/" or vice versa.
- Restart the ESB and DMP services
- Verify if the connection works
If this doesn't resolve the issue, or if you have any questions regarding this FAQ item, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org