If our Data Manager Portal (DMP) doesn't work correctly with Internet Explorer, please check the following settings:
IE Compatibility mode
Internet Explorer has a so called "Compatibility Mode", this is specially made for web developers to test their websites with older versions of IE. However, it's possible that the compatibility mode is activated automatically and set to a very old version. DMP is a portal that uses the latest technologies in web development, which means that it will probably not function optimal (or even not function at all). We recommend to set the compatibility to "Edge" (the latest). You can do that by opening the Developer Tools (press F12, or Gear-icon > F12 Developer Tools) and look on the right in the black bar. There's a button with a monitor and phone on it, this is the Compatibility View button. Next to that icon you can see what version of IE is currently set.
- Set it to "Edge".
Figure 5: Set compatibility to Edge
There's a way to do this automatically and will be implemented in the next version of Data Manager.
Is DMP set as a trusted website?
We've seen certain environments where the access to DMP was denied because it wasn't a trusted website. You can add DMP to the trusted sites by following the steps below:
- Start Internet Explorer and click on the gear-icon in the upper-right corner.
- Then click on Internet Options.
- Click on the Security tab.
- Click on the Local Internet icon.
- Click on the Sites button.
- A box will popup, click on Advanced.
- Here you can add a domain to the trusted sites. Once the domain is filled in, click on the Add button.
- Now close all windows that you've opened by clicking: Close, OK and OK.
Figure 6: Add the server as trusted location.
Now refresh your browser.