It is possible to select a custom cURL version in GenericWS. On this page we'll go through it step by step so you can easily follow along.
- Download the DLL's of the specific cURL version you want to use and store them in a place you can easily find them.
You need a package where the DLL-files are included, this is usually a so called 'devel' or 'libcurl' version.
- When the package is downloaded, search for the DLL-files (Usually next to the curl.exe (See Figure 1))
- Navigate to \S4M_DM\DMESB\Bin\Agent\Internal
You will see a folder called "7.13". This is a specific version packaged with Data Manager. You can use it to create your own version.
- Copy the folder in the same location and rename it to the version you need (the version that your downloaded dll-files are eg. 7.40).
Now you will have 2 folders, 7.13 and the version you want to add.
- Go inside of the folder you just renamed and paste the DLL-files that you've downloaded in there (overwrite them if you're asked).
- Stop the ESB Agent Service and exit the GenericWS
- Start the ESB Agent Service and the GenericWS
Once that's done you should be able to see and use the added version in the Curl dropdown box.