The following is expected to be prepared before the installation of the link will take place. If otherwise stated, this applies to the entire article
The following Hardware / Software applications are required
- TOPdesk SaaS
- TOPdesk on-premise from the July - 2018 release or later
- Exchange from 2013 and O365
- Advised Exchange 2016
- Minimum Microsoft Windows 2012 standard server
- Minimum .Net 4.7.1
- 8GB Ram
- 25Gb Disk space
To support the TORR2(Outlook bi-directional Room Booker) connector it is necessary to configure a mailbox / user with sufficient rights in Exchange.
- An Exchange mailbox / user with the following rights:
- global application inpersionation rights over all mailboxes
- complete rights to create, edit and delete mailboxes
- remote management shell, The following rights apply to the cmdlets
Necessary configuration in TOPdesk to support the TORR2 connector.
A TOPdesk operator account with sufficient rights to be able to execute the following API calls:
- Reading Locations
- Read Cancelation reasons
- Reading Persons
In TOPdesk, ActionSequences and Events will also have to be configured.
This will have to happen for the following actions:
- Create Reservation
- Edit Reservation
- Delete Reservation
The creation of these sequences will be created together with the customer during the installation.
Individuals who wish to be able to reserve rooms must also have their Exchange mail address in TOPdesk under the contact details. This also applies if there are External people.
Important to know:
- When the Export of the Rooms from TOPdesk to Exchange is scheduled, it is important to have the rooms in TOPdesk in order. Otherwise, the rooms in Exchange will not be in order.
- Time blocked between reservations in TOPdesk is not supported with this link
What should you have thought about when the installation takes place?
|Name Config option||Value||Example||Explenation|
|DB||Name||DemoDB||Name for the File Encrypted Database|
|mailBodyType||text, HTML||text (Standard in Exchange)||Here you can se the value if the Exchange email is configured in HTML or Text|
|RoomNameFormat||$(roomname)-$(location)||$(roomname)-$(location)||This will be the name convention for the rooms in Exchange|
|useImpersonation||True, False||True||We recommend this to be enabled. This is a must for o365|
|topDeskURL||https://Example.topdesk.net||https://Example.topdesk.net||The TOPdeks URL|
|topDeskUsername||Logon Name||ExampleOperator||The Torr TOPdesk user|
|topDeskCancellationReason||Geannuleerd door aanvrager||Geannuleerd door aanvrager||This can be different in every company. The standaard dutch variant is: Geannuleerd door aanvrager|
|tdRoomProperty||name, number||name||Here you can configure if the connector should reservate on the room number or name|
|exchangeUsername||exchangeusername||DemoUser@exchange.nl||The logon user for the connector|
Or empty if you want to use Autodiscovery. Not supported for o365
|https://example-exchange/ews/exchange.asmx||Empty or filled in see value|
MailTemplate. In the MaillTemplate you can indicate how the maillayout looks like when someone receives an email when creating, editing and deleting a reservation. These can be downloaded via the following link: click here
Schedule Template: The link can automatically check the environment at set times, whether it is still in sync. You can set the set times in the following document: Click here
How does the Installation go?
1. Contact with customer. Customer receives technical information and explanation.
2. Customer will make all preparations.
3. A Check tool is run by Scope4mation if everything is in order. If not back to 2.
4. Consultant will work with the customer to set up the link basis and generate an Excel sheet from the TOPdesk to Exchange rooms (this will be explained in places)
5. The customer is given time to view the sheet and possibly discuss it internally.
6. If applicable, the ExportReservations will be run. This means that all existing reservations will be in Sync. Conflicts can arise between the environments. Here the customer will receive an Excel sheet and can make the choice to solve them or not.
7. Set up the last configuration of the link together with the customer and test whether the link is running.
8. Basic explanation of how the link works.
9. Implementation completed 😊
Do not forget to leave a comment and a like down below!