If you are planning to enable TLS in your environment. Data Manager now supports TLS 1.2.
The following steps need to be performed before Data Manager can make use of TLS 1.2:
1. We have implemented a new MSSQL driver so we can use TLS 1.2. You can download this driver here.
2. Execute the Driver installer on both (if applicable) the MSSQL and Data Manager server.
3. Now you can find the driver in MSSQL here:
Open the MSOLEDBSQL and be sure it is configured the following way:
Be sure to enable TLS 1.2 in the registry. You can follow the Microsoft documentation for this here.
After all this is done restart the MSSQL server.
Data Manager configuration:
1. You need the latest version of Data manager to do this. Be sure you upgrade to the latest version.
2. We have implemented a new MSSQL driver so we can use TLS 1.2 you can download this driver here.
Important! If MSSQL and Data Manager run on the same server you already did step 3.
3. Execute the Driver installer on the Data Manager server.
4. The old driver will be enabled by default. To enable the driver that supports TLS 1.2 you need to do the following configuration:
Add the value <add key="EnableTLS12SupportedOleDBProvider" value="true"/>
To the following files: (see picture down below for example)
Important! If MSSQL and Data Manager run on the same server you already did step 5
5. Be sure to enable TLS 1.2 in the registery. You can follow the Microsoft documentation for this.